It took a year to complete the Sourcefire integrated redesign project. This involved redesigning 3 applications and adding a new centralized console to bring together a new offering they called the 3D System. This completely upgraded the user’s experience for the commercial software that they sold along with security hardware on the open-source Snort platform.
• 3 product redesigns & 1 new onsole design that integrated the products
• 500 custom icons
• Product Design Guide for devs
• Community design for users
• Help Centers & Manual Cover designs
• Installation errata and Quick Start Posters
• Corporate Stationary Concepts
• OEM rebrand of the web apps for channel partner Nortel that came on their boxes
The visual improvements must have helped them, because in 2013 Sourcefire was acquired by Cisco for $2.7 billion dollars. 🙂
Click this image to see all the screens.
Below is an example of how I proposed the Nortel OEM redesign, when they wanted to include the software on their boxes. I was tasked with trying to make this a Nortel design with minimal coding impact.